Facebook adverting is currently the quickest and most cost effective way of increasing your audience. With highly targetable audience profiles you can reach the people that will be most interested in your product or service, and therefore more likely to convert.
Creating a Facebook Target Audience
You can create an audience for your advert based on ad targeting options like location, age, gender, interests and more. If you have a Facebook Page you can also target your ad to people who are already connected to you.
Some of the Facebook Advert targeting options:
- Location: Reach customers in key locations by country, state/province, city and post code
- Demographics: Target people based on demographics like age, gender, relationship status, education, workplace and more
- Interests: Interest targeting lets you define your ideal audience by their interests, hobbies and Pages they like on Facebook. These may be drawn from their listed interests, activities, education, job titles, Pages they like or groups to which they belong.
- Behaviours: Reach people based on their purchasing behaviour, device usage and other activities
- Custom Audiences: Custom Audiences lets you target your adverts at your existing customers from your own list, or exclude them from a particular campaign. This is beneficial if you want to offer special discounts or promotions to your current customer base.
Examples of ways you can use Facebook adverts to create a Sales Channel that increases your audience to make more sales
A sales funnel is a marketing system. It’s the “ideal” process you intend your customers to experience as they go from Prospect to Lead to Customer to Repeat Buyer.
- Create an advert that drives people who click to a landing page on your website that is geared towards selling a particular product or service
- If they go to your site but don’t actually purchase then offer them an opportunity to sign-up to your newsletter. See The Benefit of an email list below. Most people won’t just leave you their email list as their time is important and they probably struggle to keep on top of their inbox as it is. So you need to give them an incentive like a free download or a discount on their next purchase to get them to sign-up.
- If they then go back to Facebook but haven’t liked your facebook business page then present them with an advert to get them to like your Facebook page. This is called Facebook Remarketing and it has a number of benefits including:
- Lower cost per click than search engine remarketing
- Driver higher conversions as you have a highly targeted audience as they have already shown interest by clicking on your ad and visiting your website
- Like your email list, your facebook business page is another way to reach your potential audience.
Email is king. It’s the best way to build an engaged audience, sell a product online, or create hype around your next big event or service project.
Monitor your Facebook Advertising Campaign
It is pointless have a facebook advert if you don’t have visibility on how well it is doing. This means more than just how many times it gets clicked. You also need to know things like:
- Have people purchased on your website from your Facebook Advert
- Have people contacted you
- Have people signed up to your newsletter
- How many have liked your facebook page
You will need to put the necessary Facebook pixles in place to get that information.
Facebook advertising is powerful and can get you results. Make sure you implement your Sales Channel to get from Prospect to Repeat buyer, and have complete visibility on the success of your campaign.
I can help you on any of the above from advising on best practice to actually running your campaign on a month to month basis. Contact Me if you would like more information.